The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, birth date, telephone number, e-mail address or mailing address.
This website is continually improved by adding new functionality and features and by improving and adding to existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, data practices will change from time to time. If and when data practices change, such changes will (as soon as practicable) be posted on this website to notify you of the changes. You should check this page frequently.
You will understandably have a concern about privacy. Your privacy is respected and your personal information is treated with the highest standards of safety, security and confidentiality. To better protect your privacy, this notice explains online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used on this website. If you have questions regarding this Policy, you may direct them to email@example.com.
Collection of Personal Data including e-mail addresses
Information is collected about you in an effort to make products and services on this website more efficient and customized to you. You are free to browse this website without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, once you provide your personal information, you are not anonymous.
The information you provide will be collected and stored. You may use this website to register to receive additional information or services. When you register, you will be asked for contact information like your name, postal address, e-mail address and account number.
The information that you provide is sometimes supplemented with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate post codes are received, third party software may be used to fix them.
Use of Personal Data
The purposes for which Personal Data is processed include the following:
- To respond to your requests and to fulfil your orders for products and services.
- To improve products and services, make your experience more efficient and relevant and provide you with a personalised service.
- To administer this website.
- To analyse and research website visitors’ demographics, interests, and pages viewed based on the information provided during ordering, from server log files, or surveys.
- To contact you from time to time with information of new products and services or events that may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive information and want to be removed from mailing lists in relation to this website, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information collected as described above, technology is used to collect anonymous information about the use of this website. These technologies may include though are not limited to, Google Analytics such as ‘Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting’. These and other technologies may be used to track which pages of this website visitors view as well as to collate non-personal demographic information about our visitors. Technology may also be used to determine which web browsers visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables the compilation of statistics about website visitors and their use of this website.
This website contains hyperlinks to other pages on this website. Technology may be used to track how often these links are used and which pages on this website visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally & it simply enables the compilation of statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Such anonymous data is used to improve the content and functionality of this website and e-mail updates, to better understand clients and markets, and to improve services.
Cookies and IP address
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, in the future temporary “cookies” that collect the first level domain name of the user (for example, if your e-mail address is “email@example.com,” the cookie collects the “bigmail.com” portion of your e-mail address) and the date and time you accessed this website may be used. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. An example of a Cookie that we use is the ‘Google Analytics’ cookie which aids our internal reporting. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
IP address may also be used to help diagnose problems with this website’s server and to administer this website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as determining how many visitors are from outside of the UK.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will not be shared, sold or distributed with unrelated third parties, except under these circumstances:
- Personal Data may occasionally be transferred to third parties for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented.
- Personal Data will be transferred to third parties for further processing in order to fulfil orders placed by you via this Web Site and to provide an after sales service.
- Third parties are engaged to perform services or functions in order to manage and improve this website, merchandising, marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services. Those third parties include authorized contractors, consultants, legal advisors and other companies (collectively, “agents”). They only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not share any personal information with others or use it for any other purposes than that which is contractually agreed. Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, that third party is contractually required to take adequate precautions to protect that data and maintain confidentiality. Information about you may also be received from other sources (such as demographic information and purchase history) and it may be added to records about you in order to make marketing efforts more efficient.
- The information in this website’s databases may be shared or transferred to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of the databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event.
- Where you have consented, your information may be disclosed to partners or other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- During the purchase process, your information may be shared with certain intermediaries (e.g. UPS) strictly to process and ship your order.
Data integrity and security
Personal Data in this website’s databases are maintained to a high standard of reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency and to protect the privacy and security of the databases. Personal Data will be kept only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
Employees and third parties who have access to Personal Data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. Although loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data cannot be guaranteed, such unfortunate occurrences are prevented as far as reasonably possible.
Third party sites
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit identification of your Personal Data, such Personal Data held about you will be disclosed to you. Corrections, amendments or deletions to Personal Data that is inaccurate can be made and will be notified to any third party recipients.
If you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, please write to us at CRM Manager, Wynnstay Group PLC, Eagle House, Llansantffraid, Powys, SY22 6AQ firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be charged for a correction request, however, for all other requests, you may be charged a fee of £10.00 to cover costs. Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations.
You must be at least 18 years old to use this website. Personal Data about visitors under 18 years of age will not be knowingly collected, used or disclosed. If you are a minor, you can use this website only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
Transfer of Personal Data abroad
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed information is only shared within the European Economic Area (EEA). Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act.